Engineering Pathways offers students interested in beginning their college education at an Illinois community college a streamlined transfer experience and guaranteed admission to The Grainger College of Engineering upon successful completion of program requirements. The program utilizes a cohort-based model and supports students with an array of services including academic advising and mentoring; orientations and events; opportunities for major exploration and professional development; and early engagement with Grainger Engineering and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
Upcoming Information Sessions:
Engineering Pathways is expanding! Beginning fall 2023, qualified students attending any Illinois community college may apply to participate in the program. Join us for an informative Zoom session that includes an overview of the program and application, a student panel, and time for Q&A. Click on your preferred date below to register (pre-registration is required).
- Engineering Pathways Information Session: Saturday, February 11 at 1:00-2:00pm CST
- Follow the Engineering Pathways plan of study
- Earn a B or better in each required course
- Maintain a 3.5 GPA overall and in technical coursework*
- Participate in mandatory advising and programming
Note: students are expected to complete all courses in which they enroll; dropping/withdrawing or failing to earn a B or better in a required course will jeopardize program standing.
*Technical coursework includes chemistry, computer science, math, physics, and engineering/major-specific coursework.
- Students must apply and be admitted to the program via Grainger Engineering
- Post-high school/GED completion of the two-year plan of study is required
- Students must reside in Illinois to apply and participate in the program
- Priority for admission goes to Illinois residents and students in-district at their selected community college
- Engineering Pathways is a two-year program. Students who attempt early transfer remove themselves from the program. Students dismissed/removed from Engineering Pathways may not reapply.
Not eligible: Applicants seeking a second bachelor’s degree; current/former UIUC undergraduate degree-seeking students; students who have earned grades in college coursework prior to enrollment in the program which will not permit them to achieve the minimum GPAs required
Interested students who have attended an institution other than an IL community college post-high school completion should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to determine eligibility.
As Engineering Pathways expands statewide, a special thank you to our longstanding partners at the community colleges noted below.