Fall 2024 Application Process will open in January 2024
The application information on this page is intended for students applying to enter Year 1 of the Engineering Pathways plan of study in fall 2023. The 3-step application process for Engineering Pathways requires an application to both an IL community college and the program.
Engineering Pathways is expanding! Beginning fall 2023, eligible students attending any Illinois community college may apply to participate in the program.
Apply to the IL community college you plan to attend.
Complete assessment testing through the community college.
- The ALEKS PPL math assessment is mandatory and may not be waived
- Reading/writing (English) assessments may be completed according to individual school policy
ALEKS PPL placement: A proctored assessment score of 76 or higher is required to apply to the program for fall 2023. If you score below a 76 on the ALEKS PPL, it is strongly recommended that you take time to study and review the learning modules before retaking the assessment.
If your selected community college does not offer the ALEKS PPL assessment or you have an ALEKS PPL score of 75 or below and have questions about how to move forward with additional assessment or the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit the Engineering Pathways application between January 5 – April 5, 2024.
The Engineering Pathways application is administered through Grainger Engineering and is the final step in the process. To complete this application you will need your student ID number assigned by the IL community college you plan to attend and a score of 76 or higher for the proctored ALEKS PPL math assessment.
Additional documentation required:
- To complete the application, you will be required to upload a copy of your ALEKS PPL assessment score. The document must include your full name, the assessment date, the community college name, show that your assessment attempt was proctored, and the overall ALEKS PPL score. You can find an example ALEKS assessment document here.
- Official copy of high school transcript(s) sent electronically to email@example.com. High school transcript(s) must include all courses completed through fall/winter 2022, grades received, and any courses which will be in progress for spring 2023. Please ensure your transcript(s) include this information before sending.
- In the application there will also be space for you to upload any dual-credit/college transcript(s) and/or a GED completion certificate, if applicable (see application for additional details).
For more information about the Engineering Pathways application, check out our step-by-step guide.
*The Fall 2023 Application is now closed. Please contact us directly with questions.
Have questions about the application? Click here!